Things to Do
Hot Springs and the Iron Horse Station offer a broad range of unique activities providing for a relaxing retreat, romantic getaway, outdoor adventure, or family vacation.
April 2017- Hot Springs Community Trail Fest.
Celebrate the fact that the Appalachian Trail comes through downtown Hot Springs.
May 5-7 2017 - French Broad River Fest www.frenchbroadriverfestival.com
Live music, camping, raft race, bike race and lots of activities!
May 2017- Civil War Reenactment
Skirmish at Warm Springs Encampment (Civil War Re-enactment) http://2ncmi.org/
May 19-21 2017- The Vintage
Classic BMW car show
June 10, 2017 – Bluff Mountain Festival
Largest traditional and old time music event and silent auction in the county.
June 23-25 2017 – Hot Springs Motorcycle Rally
Motorcycle Weekend www.hotspringsrallync.com
July 2017 - Hot Springs Fourth of July Festival
Fireworks and Music downtown
July 13-16,2017 – Wild Goose Festival
Celebrating music and diversity. www.wildgoosefestival.org
September 2017 - French Broad Fall Beer Festival
Celebrate the Fall Equinox with local craft brews, live music and camping. www.frenchbroadfallfest.com
TBA December 2017 – Christmas Parade
Some of the favorite things to do while visiting The Iron Horse Station:
- Hike the Appalachian Trail.
- Explore the town of Hot Springs and discover its rich history.
- Hike to Lover’s Leap.
- Soak in the natural mineral hot springs at the Hot Springs Spa.
- Browse around the 50 plus local artisan booths at the ArtiSUN Gallery, located under the Iron Horse Station Inn.
- Enjoy a cold drink and delectable meal at the Iron Horse Restaurant.
- Ride horses at the Sandy Bottom Trail Rides and visit the Little Pine Gem Mine.
- Relax with a calming massage at the Hot Springs Resort and Spa.
- Enjoy one of the many tours offered by Hot Springs Tour Company.
- Take a 20 minute ride to Marshall, NC, and wander around their many charming shops.
- Drive out on the scenic Highway 209 up Spring Creek, NC.
- Take a picnic to the top of Max Patch. Elevation 4629 ft. Beautiful 360 degree views and gorgeous sunsets!
- Experience the Navitat zip line canopy tour featured on CNN, called “one of the best in the nation” in USA TODAY!
- Drive to Paint Creek, Dudley Falls, and enjoy the spectacular Paint Creek Corridor.
- Visit the town of Asheville, NC, and the incredible Biltmore Estate, just 45 minutes away.
- Raft, kayak, canoe, or tube along the picturesque French Broad River.
- Fly Fish on one of our many stocked trout streams.
Some of our friends: